How You Can Help
Welcome and thank you for your interest in Lehigh Valley CART. LV CART is a member organization of the Pennsylvania Animal Response Team (PART) . Please watch this video to find out who we are and what we do:
If you are interested in registering as a Resource:
We maintain a list of individuals or groups who have a desire to help during emergencies. For example:
- If you are a Vet or Vet Tech who would be willing to evaluate an animal involved in a fire.
- If you have a horse trailer and would be willing to transport animals during an emergency.
- If you have a barn or similar facility where we could temporarily house animals that have been rescued or evacuated due to a fire or flood.
- If you are a groomer willing to bathe an animal that has been exposed to smoke during a fire.
If so, please send us an email with your name, contact information and type of resource. Send the email to: email@example.com. Thank you!
If you are interested in becoming a Member:
Click here for the Pennsylvania Animal Response Team (PART) to register with the state on the “Become a Volunteer” page.
You will be contacted by LV CART after the state reviews your application.
PART policy states individuals may volunteer to be members if they are 18 years of age or they are 16 years of age and have submitted a formal written consent from a parent or guardian and must be in compliance with any state and federal regulations regarding the use of minors as volunteers. To be a Level 1 certified responder to an incident or shelter activation, the volunteer must have submitted a Criminal Background Check within 90 days after submitting a membership questionnaire. The volunteer must also submit a signed Code of Conduct, a signed Liability Waiver, a signed Sexual Harassment Policy, and a signed Photo Consent Form.
In order to maintain PART and/or LV CART certification, it may be required that team members complete or meet a designated requirement as deemed necessary by PSART and/or LV CART. Completion of any additional training as listed on PART’s website or any training made available throughout the year by various organizations and other CART’s is optional but highly recommended. In addition, attending and participating in various drills and exercises conducted by any CART is to the team member’s advantage and is encouraged.
Attendance of a minimum of four monthly business meetings and 8 hours of training per year is required to keep an active status.
Level 1 Requirements:
- PART Orientation
- FEMA IS-100 Incident Command System
- FEMA IS-700 National Incident Management System
- IS-5.A Introduction to Hazardous Materials
- Pa State Police Background Check – https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp